Friday, March 27, 2009

The Miracle of Modern Medicine

It is fascinating to see the knowledge that God has given man and I plan to be a recipient of that knowledge this next week. For a young man of 70, it has become necessary to have a total knee replacement for my right knee. These joints wear out--in this case "arthritis" has taken its toll and there is nothing left but bone on bone. My reaction when the first doctor told me that I needed a knee replacement was I wanted a second opinion. After 2-3 weeks and the second doctor telling me the same thing, the pain in my knee helped me decide that it was time to have this done.

Swedish Orthopedic Institute in Seattle has a tremendous reputation and I feel very blessed to have Dr Robert Winquist to be the surgeon to do this for me. The pre-planning of the hospital in preparing the patient for surgery is outstanding. It takes away the anxiety and questions that one might have.

While I have been less than prolific in my blogging, out of necessity, I will not be posting for a few weeks.

Your thoughts and prayers are appreciated.

No comments: